Friday, November 03, 2006

Connections and Divisions


So far since I started this project the theme has been what I cant do in Chicago. Everyone has an opinion of where you should and shouldnt go. There is a lot of fear here and class division. I decided I would spend today biking around and interviewing people on the street about Chicago and how to know where to go. I ended up wanting to bike past Cabrini Green and when I asked a waitress of its location at a diner I had eaten at this morning she advised me not to bike by it. So that changed my plans and I ended up spending the day asking people about Cabrini Green and chicago. I got some great interviews and realized that depending on who you talk to the store constantly changes. so now this favorite place project has become more about trying to cross divisions that are represented in the media and by some white people or by people who have never experienced these areas for themselves. So I am going to do a short video about my experience with race and the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home