Saturday, October 21, 2006

bale:vietnamese bakery/deli



On Wednesday my friend Chris took me to his favorite spot called Bale which is like a vietnamese deli. Located right near the Argyle metro stop. This was my first time visiting the Vietnamese neighborhood and it is small but quaint. I ordered Chris's favorite sandwich which is number 5 I think the steamed pork one. This sandwich is amazing. It was my first time I had tasted a dish I would imagine on rice in a baguette. Vietnam was colonized by France so there are all these interesting food and cultural hybrids. This sandwich which you can see above has coriander hot peppers, pork that is similar to spam but so much better, pickled relish in a fresh baguette. An explosion of taste. The small deli sits about 5 people and we sat and ate inside. Below are pictures. go go go go go....One of the my favorite excursions so far. Its the best when I am exploring a new ethnic neighborhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home